Land Surveyor - Verona, WI
Dave Jenkins established JSD Professional Services, Inc. (JSD) as Jenkins Survey & Design, Inc. in 1998. Today we employ professional engineers, stormwater management and water quality professionals, planners, landscape architects, land surveyors, construction managers, technicians, and support personnel. Our qualified staff enables us to provide complete services in planning & development, civil engineering, transportation engineering, municipal engineering, structural engineering, water resources, landscape architecture, construction services, and surveying & mapping for sustainable developments. Our five offices are located in Verona (Madison Regional Office), Waukesha (Milwaukee Regional Office), Kenosha (Kenosha Regional Office), Appleton (Fox Valley Regional Office), and Weston (Wausau Regional Office), Wisconsin.
"Building Relationships with a Commitment to Client Satisfaction through Trust, Quality and Experience."
With a strong commitment to client satisfaction, JSD provides practical and cost-effective solutions for each project. We provide prompt, accurate and quality service from project inception to completion through the use of advanced technology and state-of-the-art field and office equipment.
Land Surveyor will perform land surveying functions on project types and sizes including but not limited to land development sites, land divisions, condominiums, transportation platting and civil engineering projects. The Land Surveyor must work with both internal and external customers on these various project types. The position will be involved with but not limited to scoping the project, survey estimates, preparing and coordinating land division project schedules, representing the project team at community meetings, preparing the land division submittals, project team correspondence, coordination thru the construction phase and project closeout documentation. We are looking for a self-motivated, problem-solver that looks for the most cost effective, efficient method to meet our customer’s needs.
1. Land Division, survey preparation, project administration & design support
· Overall Project Administration. Includes: preparing applicable documentation, communication with applicable agencies, schedule coordination, task management and status reporting.
· Providing leadership, mentorship, training, guidance to engineering and surveying technicians, design projects survey oversight, work closely with project managers in the civil, planning and landscape disciplines.
· Drafting surveys and performing calculations including lot dimensions, areas, volumes, cut and fills, etc.
· Researching public records to determine existing property boundaries, easements and other property information
· Prepare flood elevation certificates
· Overseeing and/or directing preparation of all types of surveys, including but not limited to the following:
· Provide oversight and guidance of the fieldwork associated with land surveying, engineering, and construction projects
· Creating and recreating proposed surfaces for construction layout purposes.
Abilities: · The ability to concentrate, multi-task and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and clients. · Strong working knowledge of Civil Engineering fundamentals and practices · The ability to work independently with minimal supervision. · Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands. · A desire to deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients. · Detail-orientated · The ability to occasionally travel to projects and meetings throughout Wisconsin
· The ability to concentrate, multi-task and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and clients.
· Strong working knowledge of Civil Engineering fundamentals and practices
· The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
· A desire to deliver creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
· The ability to occasionally travel to projects and meetings throughout Wisconsin
to download our