Sr. Development Manager - Chicago IL office (Des Plaines)
Position type: Full Time
Job ID Number: 10043
View Other Openings >
Supervise the design and preparation of engineering, survey, landscape, and
due diligence documents for projects throughout a wide range of markets, including review of
plans, contract management, and project profitability for all JSD disciplines. The person in this
position serves as a Project Manager, technical specialist, staff advisor and client consultant
as well as leading and mentoring junior staff.
Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Market the firms capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing
- Prepare proposals for potential projects.
- Prepare, communicate, and QA/QC client deliverables in a timely and efficient manner for
projects under his/her management.
- Prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines and communicating with the Executive
Leadership Group, Team Leaders and Clients.
- Be responsible for the efficient contract, billing, and collection process for projects under
- Develop and maintain an effective working knowledge of state, county, and municipal land
development procedures and regulations.
- Participate in the selection of design teams and sub consultants and in the negotiations of fees
- Serves as a representative of the firm at both public & private meetings and presentations
relative to assigned projects (i.e. plan commission, common council, board & agencies).
- Conduct constructability reviews, due diligence, preparing exhibits and application submittal
documents, zoning and ordinance coordination.
- Assist in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects of other managers
when requested (QA/QC).
- Communicate between departments to schedule work and establish project priorities and
- Maintains up-to-date project files, including hard copy and electronic versions, according to
time dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Ability to work extended ours as
required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or equivalent. Registration as
a Professional Engineer (P.E.), Landscape Architect, or Professional Land Surveyor (P.L.S.)
Minimum ten years of specialized work experience within a discipline.
JSD Professional Services provides a variety of employee benefits including:
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan with Company
- Direct Deposit
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Business Expense
- Flexible Work Hours
- Team Oriented
- Company Outings
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an
Affirmative Action Plan. We strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans, and
individuals with disabilities to apply.
Human Resources - email@example.com
JSD Professional Services, Inc.
161 Horizon Drive Suite 101
Verona, WI 53593
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. We strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.