Project Engineer - Verona, WI
Position type: Full Time
Location: Madison Regional Office
Job ID Number: 31
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead and as needed perform work tied to civil engineering project plans for both private and public sector work, including site development, industrial and commercial development plans, and residential subdivisions.
The basic responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Overall engineering of the project, plan preparation, permitting, reports, etc.
- Prepare storm water management reports.
- Design of subdivisions, grading plans, drainage, paving, water main and sewers.
- Completes design calculations.
- Researches code requirements and design procedures manuals.
- Verifies design computations and plan detailing for conformance with codes, manuals, and design considerations.
- Coordinates final design computations with review agencies. Prepares opinions of cost, quantities, periodic reports, pay estimates, and data necessary to document acceptability of materials and quantities for final payment.
- Prepares correspondence, technical specifications and reports.
- Attends and participates at client and municipal meetings.
- Monitor the project’s budget, monitor its schedule, and maintain client contact and relationship.
- High proficiency in CADD production, Civil 3D and related engineering software.
- Seeks technical information from peers when problems are encountered and expected to be outside of one’s own area of expertise.
- Communicates with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to project.
- Capable of dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Ability to effectively delegate work assignments and/or self perform work with minimal oversight, taking work from start to finish as necessary.
- Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
- 5+ years of experience in all aspects of project development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or related engineering field or equivalent
- P.E. license in State of Wisconsin
Human Resources - email@example.com
JSD Professional Services, Inc.
161 Horizon Drive Suite 101
Verona, WI 53593
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. We strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.