Landscape Designer- Verona/Wausau/Chicago
Category: Landscape Architecture
JSD Professional Services is seeking a highly motivated individual to perform work as a Landscape Designer as a part of our Landscape Architecture and Planning Department. Candidates should have strong graphic and communications skills and a willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
This professional position entails management and task work that will focus on a variety of landscape architecture and land development projects. Responsibilities will be diverse and may include preparation of conceptual landscape plans, site development plans, site feasibility studies and reports, neighborhood plans, park and trail plans, grant writing, due diligence, and contract administration. Applicant will be encouraged to build and maintain a professional network, develop opportunities within niche markets, leverage contacts and network amongst other professionals while conducting Business Development efforts and meeting billability and productivity goals. Applicant will be required to travel at times and work extended hours as projects demand. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Landscape Design
· Master Planning with a variety of public and private sector clients
· Park Master Plans and Municipal Park and Open Space Plans
· Construction Documentation plan sets
· Graphic Illustration
· Assistance with Athletic Facility Design
· Construction Observation
· Construction Administration
· Department of Transportation related project assistance
· Establish, build upon, and maintain positive client relationships
· Ability to prepare landscape and construction plans which focus on softscape and hardscape elements; develop material schedules, construction details and specifications as well as cost estimates for landscape design and construction projects.
· Familiarity with landscape planning and management requirements in the upper Midwest, and use of native plants in overall landscape design, stormwater basins, and bio-retention devices.
· Ability to efficiently develop and/or edit scaled site plans and landscape plans using AutoCAD, excel and other software products
· Familiarity with using x-refs, blocks, pen tables, plot styles, specified CAD standards, layer management, model space, etc.
Presentation Graphics and Illustrations
· Ability to draw, edit, and illustrate maps, plans, sections, details, perspectives by hand and in graphic mediums AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google SketchUp and Microsoft Word (including Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to manage in-house and outsourced production of plans and illustrations.
Communication / Presentation Skills
· Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to be an effective member of multi-disciplinary teams (with planners, engineers, architects and surveyors)
· Ability to understand client needs and communicate viable design options.
· Ability to conduct effective presentations in a variety of group settings.
· Possesses the necessary communication and interpersonal skills, along with a high level of self-confidence and personal comfort to effectively conduct Business Development efforts and maintain client relationships
Education and Certification:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture **REQUIRED**
· Eligible for State Registration in Landscape Architecture
· LEED Accreditation
· Minimum of three to five years of professional experience in the field of Landscape Design ** REQUIRED**
to download our