Senior Planner - Verona/Waukesha, WI
Category: Urban Planning, Community Development
Position type: Full Time
Location: Multiple Locations
Job ID Number: 35
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead and as needed perform work tied to a broad spectrum of land use & development projects, including plats, concept plans, lot layouts, neighborhood / regional plans, master planning and zoning.
- Preparation of proposals on projects with subsequent Project Management Responsibilities
- Project Management for land use and land development projects, planning studies and neighborhood / regional planning
- Budgeting, Scheduling, Directing staff, Prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines and communicating with the Executive Leadership Group, Team Leaders and Clients
- Quality Control of all work products prepared under his/her direction
- Report writing and report production as well as oversight of same for his/her staff
- Takes an active role in new business development and marketing efforts to attract new clientele
- Develop and maintain an effective working knowledge of state, county, and municipal land development procedures and regulations
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and governmental boards and agencies
- Have a general knowledge of the architectural and land development design processes
- Have the ability to generally formulate and evaluate land development and construction budgets and pro-formas
- Have experience with managing and engaging in public participation programs
- Have a working knowledge and experience with the preparation, adoption, implementation and interpretation of municipal plans
- Effective written communication skills for grant applications, zoning applications, research reports, due diligence investigations, and general and email communications with clients and governmental agencies.
- Effective verbal presentation skills in small groups, large groups and venues, and video conferencing.
- Capability to prepare, or direct the preparation of, graphic information in a variety of media and formats including: printed maps and illustrations, display illustrations, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Familiarity with: ArcView, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with design concepts and capability to read and understand Civil Engineering design concepts for water, sewer, street, and stormwater management infrastructure; Landscape Architectural design concepts; Survey plats and existing conditions and topographic survey maps.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience in Land Planning
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in Land Planning in/around Milwaukee, WI area preferred
- Preference for American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) or eligibility to apply for AICP certification
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Urban Planning.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org
JSD Professional Services, Inc.
161 Horizon Drive Suite 101
Verona, WI 53593
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. We strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.