Senior Structural Engineer - Verona, WI
JSD Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual needing little guidance designing and preparing Structural engineering documents for projects in private and public sector work, including site development, industrial and commercial development plans, and residential subdivisions.
Please read through the description carefully. The education and experience levels for this position are Required.
The primary function of the Senior Structural Engineer is to be the firm’s representative responsible for the overall coordination and design of structural projects from inception through completion and is responsible for directing and managing the structural project team on assigned projects. The Senior Structural Engineer will handle some project management tasks, but will primarily work on the technical aspects of the project.
1. Designs Structural systems to include cast-in-place, precast, and post-tensioned concrete, structural steel, masonry, and wood for a variety of healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings with minimal direction
2. Organizes and manages structural design efforts for significant, multiple, simultaneous projects in either single or multiple disciplinary environments
3. Works closely with and coordinates work with other engineering disciplines
4. Coordinates preparation of design, details, plans and drawings with assigned task areas
1. Develops and maintains structural project schedules and budgets
2. Develops structural project work plan and monitors team progress
3. Coordinates and chairs project meetings for structural project team
4. Coordinates staff activities to assure that goals of project budget, schedule and quality are achieved
5. Edits and coordinates production of structural specification sections
6. Ensures the level of quality for each project meets the standards established by the client and the Company
7. Performs and/or coordinates the review of shop drawing submittals and posts modifications as needed
8. Provides project information to staff and clients as requested through attendance at project meetings, e-mail, correspondence etc.
9. Performs construction site observation visits and prepares reports
10. Prepares addendums and change orders; initiates additional service requests for review by the Director of Structural Engineering and Project Manager
11. Prepares structural calculations for submittal to regulating authority
12. Markets JSD’s engineering consulting services to our clients, providing leads to our marketing department, assisting in the preparation of proposals, attending client interviews, and meeting with potential clients to determine their engineering needs
13. Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by team members
1. Mentors less experienced engineers on techniques and theories to aggressively develop their practical design skills and in order to provide both a challenging and rewarding work environment for these engineers
Minimum ten (10) years of specialized work experience within Structural discipline.
Wisconsin PE registration required or eligibility for Wisconsin PE registration.
Working knowledge of a variety of computer programs including MS-Excel, MS-Word, AutoCAD, STAAD, RAM, ADAPT and Windows a plus.
Must also demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
EducationREQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
to download our