Senior Landscape Architect- Waukesha, WI
Category: Landscape Architecture
This professional position entails management and task work that will focus on a variety of landscape architecture and land development projects. Responsibilities will be diverse and may include preparation of conceptual landscape plans, site development plans, site feasibility studies and reports, neighborhood plans, park and trail plans, grant writing, due diligence, and contract administration. Applicant will be encouraged to build and maintain a professional network, develop opportunities within niche markets, leverage contacts and network amongst other professionals while conducting Business Development efforts and meeting billability and productivity goals.
Include but not limited to:
· Will be responsible for keeping a phase of a project on schedule
· Confers with clients, Engineers, Surveyors, Planners, and Architects on specifications and needs of overall projects
· Develops design strategy to address client’s needs and budget
· Develops solutions to technical problems
· Creates, corrects and updates documents
· Prepares project documents for application and submittal process
Landscape Design: Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architecture projects
· Ability to prepare landscape plans which focus on softscape and hardscape elements; develop material schedules and specifications as well as and cost estimates for landscape design and construction projects.
· Familiarity with landscape planning and management requirements in the upper Midwest, and use of native plants in overall landscape design, stormwater basins, and bio-retention devices.
· May supervise a Landscape Architect or Technician during a portion of a project
· Ability to efficiently develop and/or edit scaled site plans and landscape plans using AutoCAD, excel and other software products
· Familiarity with using x-refs, blocks, pen tables, plot styles, specified CAD standards, layer management, model space, etc.
Presentation Graphics and Illustrations
· Ability to draw, edit, and illustrate maps, plans, sections, details, perspectives by hand and in graphic mediums AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Google SketchUp, ESRI Arcview and Microsoft Word (including Excel and PowerPoint)
· Ability to manage in-house and outsourced production of plans and illustrations.
· Ability to research, compile and edit data and prepare layouts and revise plans and illustrations using ESRI - ArcView, ArcGIS and ArcMap.
Communication / Presentation Skills
· Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to be an effective member of multi-disciplinary teams (with planners, engineers, architects and surveyors)
· Ability to understand client needs and communicate viable design options.
· Ability to conduct effective presentations in a variety of group settings.
· Possesses the necessary communication and interpersonal skills, along with a high level of self-confidence and personal comfort to effectively conduct Business Development efforts and maintain client relationships
Work independently and be available to respond to clients on an as-needed basis. Must be capable of dealing with multiple responsibilities concurrently. Ability to work extended hours as required to meet client, project and/or business demands.
· Minimum of seven to ten years of professional experience in the field of Landscape Architecture **REQUIRED**
· Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture **REQUIRED **
· State Registration/Licensure in Landscape Architecture **REQUIRED **
· LEED Accreditation
to download our